Dodge Repair/blinker switch: '07 LX body, Charger

do i need to take off the steering wheel on an 07 Charger to replace the switch for the blinkers

Hi Jeff,
If by blinkers you mean the turn signals which are controlled by the multi-function switch, then yes, you do have to remove the airbag and then the steering wheel to get access to remove the multifunction switch. According to the manual there are no parts sold separately for the multifunction switch so if the turn signal switch is indeed faulty then you would either have to replace the entire switch or try to repair the turn signal switch yourself. The removal of the switch is covered in about 10 pages of the manual which I could copy and attach to an email which I would send to you directly. Let me know your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at', otherwise the address will be erased.
Are you certain the switch is bad and it is not a fuse or other electrical issue? What happens when you try the turn signals?
Please read the PS below and respond.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).