Dodge Repair/input speed sensor for an '09 Calliber

I'm trying to replace the input speed sensor my son's 2009 Dodge caliber. Auto Zone hooked it up to their computer to see what was wrong because his check engine light was on and it wasn't shifting properly. They said it was the input speed sensor for the automatic transition. I ordered the input speed sensor, but can't find where it's located to install it. Thank you!

Hi Scott,
If this SUV has the 4-speed electronic transmission then the input and the output speed sensors are on the side of the transmission, about midway between the top and the bottom, and are identical in appearance. The input sensor is located forward (closer to the engine) while the output sensor is located near the rear of the transmission. Let me know if you still can't find it. I looked into the CVT (continuously variable) transmission but could not find a drawing/photo which showed the location of the sensors on the transmission. However I would believe they are visible from above, and in any case the input sensor would be forward of the output sensor.
Please read the PS below and respond.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).