Dodge Repair/trans cooler lines

QUESTION: I have a (3rd. gen 2004 Ram 2500, 5.7 auto trans) and the "trans cooler lines" need to be replaced.  when I look up part#'s,  each year ( 2003, 04, 05, ect...) of the 3rd gen has a different end letter, ex: Part #52028924 AH, AG,  AF, but when you look at the picture of the line, they're the same.  My question is, are they the same part, in other words are they interchangeable, is this a case where Dodge just puts a different letter at the end of the part# to signify the year, are all third generation rams the same transmission cooler line as long as everything is the same?
Thanks a bunch,

ANSWER: Hi Mike,
That is the sort of question that a Dodge dealer parts counter-man can better answer than I as he can look at the parts themselves and also might know specifically what that changing suffix means. My opinion would probably not be reliable compared to the dealer. If you don't have a dealer nearby let me know and I will check that out here.
Please see the PS below and respond.

QUESTION: Roland, I've never met a part counter-man that would do an ounce more work than they have to, they are all usually just short of rude and don't want to work with ya if you don't know exactly what you need.  This is why I came to you and the forums online for help.  I don't think you are going to want me to answer survey.

I went ahead and called a local dealer and spoke with a counter-man name of "Mike". also.
He gave me the same part number as you with the suffix AF. I asked about what AG, AH might means and he thought it could be the specific supplier of the part. I didn't ask him to look at other model years but it would seem that if you can get 52028924 AF that it would be correct. The other line is 52028925. He didn't make much of the suffix differences.
I hope that you would do a rating of me and click the 'yes' box where you see the question about a nomination of me to be volunteer of the month. Thanks

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).