Dodge Repair/Catalytic convertor replacement part

Question
The car is a 2006 Chrysler 300 3.5 v6 in need of a replacement to the convertor. Driver side. The dealership price is 650.00. Autozone is 315.00 OEM by Walker. The vehicle has 140,000 mile. and I need to make it last. Is the autozone part a bad purchase. Labor is 250.00 Thanks again

Answer
Hi J. Hayes:
I would believe an OEM part would be the same as is sold in the dealership at a higher price. You could see it and question whether there is proof that it is OEM when you go to the Autozone store. Then take a look at the dealership parts counter. You might also check at a local muffler shop as to the labor cost and what they would charge to install the identical converter. The shop manual shows the steps which basically involve first removing the muffler resonator to the rear of the converter, then remove the converter. Then reverse the steps to install. I suspect an independent shop would not charge $250 to do that. Let me know if you need the pages that shop how to do it which I can attaché to an email I would send to you directly.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston