Dodge Repair/Purchasing a replacement ecm

QUESTION: Hello there!,
Would you please advise where I can buy an ECM with the following part#P05187920AD.
This ECM is for a 2010-Dodge Ram 1500 3.7L

ANSWER: Hi Tony,
I have not had any need to buy an ecm so far. I would try searching on the internet, then check with local parts stores, and finally at a dealer. I believe that you will have to get the VIN number, the mileage reading, and the security key immobilizer code installed on the ecm and that may require that you buy it locally. But check out those questions. Others here have bought ecm's on-line and then had them programmed locally at a shop.
By the way, Tony, I would believe there would be another code other than the 0562 that you told me about if your present ecm needed to be replaced. You might want to check at another shop to verify they too thing a replacement ecm will solve your problem. There are several codes that point directly to a failed ecm if that is the problem.
PS If you replace the ecm please let me know if that solves your problem.

QUESTION: Is it possible for the ECM be flashed while outside of the car?
Thanks, Tont

ANSWER: Yes, all that needs to be entered is the VIN and the mileage. Ask about anything else from whomever you buy it from.

Yes I did ask already and they told me to take it to a dealership. Unfortunately I am not based in the US at this time and the truck is outside the US where I am

Hi Tony,
Unfortunately I don't know exactly what is wrong with the way the vehicle is running because you haven't told me the history. I know you have a code 0562 for which the ecm replacement is the last possibility after checking every other aspect of the charging system and further that there is no other code that points toward a faulty ecm.
My advice, it the car can be driven, is to find a shop that has a professional level code reader/diagnostic readout box and knowledge to install a replacement ecm. It doesn't have to be a dealership. Have them check through the situation again to verify that you even need an ecm. I would be surprised if it is needed but at least before you get into that expense you should exhaust the possibilities for a simpler repair.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).