Dodge Repair/'00 Intrepid: noise in ATC heater controls

Question
I have this constant noise in heater a/c control panel that sounds as if a bearing in is squealing. Will diminish when car warms up, but never quits altogether.

Answer
Hi Jack,
I suspect this is an automatic temperature control type of unit, correct? In that unit there is a temperature sensor and a small motor and fan that draws cabin air into the control panel via the slots at the lower left corner. I would suspect that the fan motor bearing is the source of the noise. If you remove the bezel that surrounds the unit and then the unit itself and unplug its wiring you can access the fan motor for either lubrication of the bearing with light oil or for replacement of the fan motor. I have had success using sewing machine or similar light oil in quieting down such small motor bearings. Let me know if this is not the case.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston