Dodge Repair/'00 Intrepid: Replace front struts

How do I replace the front strut assembly with a new front strut assembly
that comes completely assembled (the strut, coil spring and upper and lower plate are already put together).

Hi Gene,
I have the '04 manual on a CD which I can copy the pages from and send to you by email. Let me know your email address but don't use the @ symbol or the address is automatically erased. Instead use "at". The procedure shown is in the case where you want to replace the assembly by first compressing and retaining the coil springs, but it should be the same when you have them retained as a unit.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that,

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).