Dodge Repair/'00 ram 1500 transmission cooler line

Question
How do you replace the tranny line that comes out of the bottom radiator and goes to the tranny? Mine isleaking because the previous owner cobbled up the line with a couple compression fittings and iit's leaking pretty good. I have the whole line I bought from orielly auto parts. Is it something I can do on my own? Thank you.

Answer
Hi David,
My closest manual is for an '04. In that section about the transmission oil cooler it speaks about replacing the cooler but not the lines between the cooler and the transmission. It says to use a 'quick-connect release tool #6935' to disconnect the connecting line from the cooler. Presumably the same sort of quick release is used at the transmission end. So I would inquire at the auto parts store for such a tool to determine whether that is the one that you need to do the disconnection properly without damaging the connection to the cooler or to the transmission. Sorry for the lack of details showing in my manuals.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston