Dodge Repair/'00 ram 1500 transmission cooler line

How do you replace the tranny line that comes out of the bottom radiator and goes to the tranny? Mine isleaking because the previous owner cobbled up the line with a couple compression fittings and iit's leaking pretty good. I have the whole line I bought from orielly auto parts. Is it something I can do on my own? Thank you.

Hi David,
My closest manual is for an '04. In that section about the transmission oil cooler it speaks about replacing the cooler but not the lines between the cooler and the transmission. It says to use a 'quick-connect release tool #6935' to disconnect the connecting line from the cooler. Presumably the same sort of quick release is used at the transmission end. So I would inquire at the auto parts store for such a tool to determine whether that is the one that you need to do the disconnection properly without damaging the connection to the cooler or to the transmission. Sorry for the lack of details showing in my manuals.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).