Dodge Repair/'03 Neon Mechanical Window Regulator

Hello Mr. Finston,

Please excuse my lack of proper terminology as i attempt to explain my problem. I own a 2003 Dodge Neon and my drivers side window is not functioning properly. I am fairly certain that I stripped the crank in my window regulator after the cable came off the pulley. In addition, I think the pulley itself is bent. In order to save money, I wanted to replace the part myself. As indicated above, my assembly is manual and is operated with a handle. After searching online for several hours, I have only been able to find assemblies that come equipped with a motor. Perhaps there is a different assembly I could use for this model? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You, Ben McCarthy

Hi Ben,
I believe that you can get a mechanical assembly from a dealer parts counter or from a wrecking yard (there are nationwide wrecking yard on-line search service available at most wrecking yards if you can't find one locally to remove yourself). I have the manual which shows how to replace the mechanism which are very similar for both the mechanical and the power type. I can send you the pages that show the system and describe how to remove the glass and then the regulator. Tell me your e-mail address and I will copy and send those to you. But don't use the @ symbol, rather use "at" or the address will be automatically erased from your follow-up question text.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).