Dodge Repair/202 Ram: blower motor blows only on high

The blower motor only works on high speed. What's the possible solution?

Hi Doug,
There is a "blower motor resistor block" located immediately adjacent (inboard) to the blower motor, on the under side of the HVAC unit on its right hand end. The resistor wiring inside that resistor block has failed such that only the direct full speed voltage will reach the blower motor and none of the other pathways through that block will operate. So you need a new resistor block. It is rectangular in shape as you observe it in place and has an electrical plug. It is held in place by screws at either end. So remove the plug and the screws and the block will drop out. Make sure that the resistors of the new block are not touching each other and then install it in the reverse of the removal steps. That would restore the lower choices of the blower motor speeds. This description is from the '04 manual.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).