Dodge Repair/'96 2.4L base auto w/ a/c

Vehicle surges at about 40mph only in o/d.also has rough idle and sometimes dies when making light throttle snap and turning right only at low speed.history-200k on power train,comp.good 1-4 165psi,leak down no more 10%,fuel press.good,repair history,fuel pump sock replaced & filter,full tune OEM parts,timing belt and w/p replaced,o2 sensors,tps,cam & crank sensors,coil & injectors.(car has always had complaint 2nd owner) if I reset computer is good for few codes.changing places where fueling and grades also helps for short has also been changed.replaced o2 sensors and was good for about a month.thanks

Hi Jason,
Surging and/or dying but with no codes: the first thing that I suggest is always that the EGR valve be checked to be sure the valve stem moves freely via the internal spring-action and that is closes to a dead stop. Spray some WD-40 on the stem where it enters the valve body proper and move it back and forth with the tip of a screwdriver inserted into the slot of the stem. Then see if that has solved this issue or not.
Otherwise you will want to use a diagnostic readout tool to observe the reading of all the sensors to see if one of them is out of range from normal but not so badly as to set a fault code.
Thanks for the detailed history.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).