Dodge Repair/98 grand caravan 3.8L: battery light "on"

A couple days ago my mini van battery light came on then about 20 mins later it went off. It has been doing this ever since, there is no loss of power everything works but what in your opinion could be causing this.

Hi Kevin,
The battery light "on" means the voltage output on the system as read at the alternator is low. It may mean that the alternator is beginning to fail, the drive belt that powers the alternator is slipping, or one of the alternator control wires that regulates the output is loose. So take a look at the drive belt condition, and the dark green/orange and dark green wires at the alternator, to verify that they are in good condition. If this continues the battery will likely discharge soon and need to be charged enough to operate the starter motor. If the belt and wires seem ok, then probably a rebuilding of the alternator at an electrical shop would be the next step.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).