Dodge Repair/code p1768: '96 minivan T & C

Hi Roland you just answered my question about code p1768, but you didn't say rather or not that would also fix the problem with the transmission going Into limp mode when I turn the wipers on.can u let me know if the answer is the same or do I need to check the relay for the wipers also.thanks again Cornelius.

Hi Cornelius,
The only connection that I see between the wipers and the transmission is that both systems do for some aspect of their functioning draw on a common fuse 5 (40 amp) in the power box in the engine compartment. But until the transmission relay is functioning normally it would be a guess on my part as to whether that will cancel the issue caused by turning on the wipers. I do see that the wiring was changed in the '97 model year so this appears to have been a problem that needed to be dealt with. I had not heard of this before your bringing it to my attention. So if you can avoid calling on the wipers while the 1768 is resolved that might be helpful. If it only happens when the wipers are called into play then that is clearly an issue that needs to be considered now.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).