Dodge Repair/Crank shaft position sensor

Where is the sensor located on a 2003 Dodge ram 1500 v-6

Hi John,
It is located on the right side at the rear of the engine in a hole in block just above the upper edge of the oil pan. Lift tab on the wire connector to release. The sensor is held in place by a single screw. Make sure you put a little oil on the seal and get it fully into the hole. Tighten the screw to 21 foot-pounds of torque.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).