Dodge Repair/engine misses when accelerating: '95 Ram

Question
I was driving my 95 ram 1500 down the highway,  drove fine for about 150 miles then started jumping when i was on the gas... felt like i had no power and no acceleration especially when going up hills.

Answer
Hi Cody,
Try turning the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains "on", to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Then tell me the counts in the order of appearance. We'll go from there using those counts to look for a fault code. Also, which engine (L) do you have?
The other approach is to check out the 'action' of the exhaust gas recirculation valve. It can fail to close tightly when it has to (when accelerating or slowing to a stop). Between the vacuum-operated to piece and the body of the valve there is a flange and inside that flange you will see the valve stem with a slot that goes around its circumference. Put the tip of a screwdriver in the slot and move the stem back and forth. You will feel spring-action that tries to close the valve. If it is gummed up and doesn't close to a dead stop then squirt some WD-40 on the stem where it enters the valve body, and then move the stem some more to loosen up the action. Then see if that solves this problem.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston