Dodge Repair/Error codes P0320 & P0138: 5.2 L

Question
Have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 PU 5.2L engine. Engine stalls when lifting off accelerator, at stop sign if not revving engine above 1200. Shows error codes P0320 & P0138. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Ted,
The 0138 says there is a short of the signal wire to the 5v wire of the downstream heated oxygen sensor on the right side just beyond the catalytic converter. It probably needs to be replaced due to a broken very fragile wire.
The 0320 says the crankshaft position sensor signal is found to be absent, which suggests that sensor is failing and needs to be replaced and is likely the cause of the stalling. It is located at the right side of the engine block, at the rear, just above the oil pan. Go from underneath. Remove the plug, then the bolt and gently rock it out. Lightly oil the seal and rock the new one into the hole until it is flush with the block. Install bolt to 21 foot-pounds, about the same as a spark plug.
So that would be the repair to end this problem.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston