Dodge Repair/Fuel gauge: '06 Ram

I put a new fuel pump in my 06 dodge ram 1500 5,7 hemi.
When all put back together my fuel  gauge won't registrar so I take it all apart every thing looks good put still no fuel gauge where do I look or what do I do I like to know how much fuel I have

Hi Kent,
The fuel level sensor wires are dark blue/white on pin 3 and black on pin 2 of the fuel pump plug. These wire go to pin 7 of plug 4 (gray 16-pin)  and pin 7 of plug 3 (gray 26-pin), respectively at the instrument cluster, to operate the gauge. On the way, those wires go through one multi-pin disconnect along with the other wire for the pump itself, so if the pump works the multi-wire connector must be connected.
Before going into the cluster to verify those connections I would simply measure the resistance between pin 2 and pin 3 of the new fuel pump to see if it shows any connection or is instead infinite in resistance. If it were infinite that would say the fuel level sensor is defective and you need a replacement pump module. Let me know what you find.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that.  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).