Dodge Repair/Heater problems on 2001 stratus

I have a 2001 Stratus with no heat., It has a new radiator and coolant topped off heater core has been professionally flushed and blower motor works but no heat. The two lines going to firewall are both equally warm and have had the system burped., all positions work on switch like defrost vent and floor but no heat just cool air.

Hi Darren,
The inability to control the heat/cool of the unit suggests there is an issue with the blend door actuator. That is an electrical control device that moves the door to direct the air in varying amounts over the heater or the a/c core. Try disconnecting the battery for a minute, then drive it for a while and then see is the actuator has been recalibrated to work properly. If not, then it is a big job to replace that actuator because the entire HVAC unit must be removed to access it. I can share the pages from the service manual that show how to do that if necessary. So let me know if the battery disconnect approach might work.
Please rate the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).