Dodge Repair/Radio replacement: Charger radio in Neon?

QUESTION: I have a stock radio out of a 2010 Dodge Charger, and I am trying to figure out if it will work inside of my 2005 Dodge Neon. I already know I probably would have to modify the dash, that isn't a big deal. I just need to know if it will all connect up and work before I start cutting up the dash

ANSWER: Hi Gabe,
The wiring of the charger radio is much more extensive than that of the Neon. They appear to both use the same 22-pin plug but you won't need some of the wires on the Charger's plug and some of the wires will need to be moved from pins to other pins on the plug (cut and splicing). Also, I can't be certain about a couple of digital data wires going to the 2010 radio and whether it has to get those digital communication wires from the Neon in order to work properly. I would be inclined to look for a used Neon radio at a junk yard rather than go to a lot of work which may end up not working.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

QUESTION: Would it be worth it to take it to the geek squad and have them do it for the flat price they charge? Since I probably can't do it myself, or my friends probably can't. It was a free radio and I have tried to sell it before and had no luck. Since I ended up getting a dodge I figure it might work.

ANSWER: Hi Gabe,
I can copy the wiring of the Neon radio plug for '04. I don't have the wiring for the plug of the '10 charger but rather for the '06 Charger. You could compare those two plugs and see by comparing the wire colors whether it is likely you (or anyone) can rewire the Neon plug so that it will operate the '06 Charger radio after rewiring the Neon's plug. We may be able to assume that the '10 Charger radio is the same as the '06 model.
Then you can show it to someone else and ask what they think and how much they would charge to rewire the plug of the Neon.
If you want those two plug diagrams tell me your email address. But don't use the @ symbol, rather you "at" or the address will be automatically erased.
Please rate/nominate me.

QUESTION: Thank you! my email is Gabe.frederickson(at) Are there quite a few things needing to be rewired, or just one thing? And if so what things would need to be rewired?

Hi Gabe,
I am sending an email with the plug available in the Neon and the plug needed by the Charger to operate the radio fully. It may well be that the wires that are available in the Neon plug can, when attached to the pins that are shown for the Charger plug, will allow the Charger radio to operate like a Neon radio.
Please rate/nominate me.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).