Dodge Repair/'00 ram wagon electric back light fuse

Question
I was  getting a parasitic drain on my battery and when I pulled the fuse for Electric back light under the hood the amp dropped to normal but I am not sure what this truly controls. Can you help me out? I think it's the rear defog, but not sure. Thank you!

Answer
Hi John,
The closest Ram manual I have is an '04 but I agree that the fuse for the "electric backlight" is for the heating element in the rear window defogger. If you have a heated rear view mirror than that heater too may be powered by the same fuse. So those would be circuits may be the ones that are drawing current when the vehicle is shutdown.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston