Dodge Repair/'91 dodge 1/2ton 2wheel drive 5.2l

Question
The code reader says map sensor input voltage above max voltage and
Open detected on idle air control valve why??

Answer
Hi Chris,
I would inspect the wiring harness for the MAP sensor and for idle air control valve for any sign of the insulation being melted or damaged. A short between the operating voltage and the signal wire (for the MAP) or between the wires of the valve could cause theses fault codes. If the harnesses appear in good condition, then I would suspect that the MAP sensor has gone off-value and needs to be replaced. The idle air control valve's wires should be checked between the plug and the engine control module. Unfortunately I don't have the wiring diagrams for the trucks of that decade. You might check the Autozone website to see if they might show those diagrams.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston