Dodge Repair/94 Dodge Spirit Flex fuel injector

Question
QUESTION: roland-thanks for your quick response to my last e-mail. Yes the fuel injector we located in Washington state was $150.00.But there was no guarantee it would solve our problem.I do not know if it is new or old, but if it is a regular injector, it is probably new. Are you saying that you have used a regular injector on a FFV?  Would a regular injector work on my car?  We did not want to spend the money if it would not work.  Thanks for your patience on this problem. I have not taken it to a local mechanic because the age of the car and the flex fuel thing does not interest them. I need the car and I cannot get another one right now.

ANSWER: I would check at a Chrysler dealer about the part number. It may be that the Washington state store wants to sell you the injector for the non-flexfuel engine as that one does cost $150. It is very unlikely to be useful at all.
If your car was sold new in your state then there is a good chance there will be a similar car in a wrecking yard that you can get the injector from. Check at local wrecking yards and if they don't have it they have a communication system to check at other yards. Also try eBay to see if one might be offered for sale there. You can buy the "fuel rail" which contains 4 injectors from a wrecking yard for less cost than a new one, probably. But be sure it is off of the 2.5L 4 cyl. ffv engine.
Roland

QUESTION: Followup to last e-mail. We have explored most of your suggestions but we have not tried the "fuel rail" one yet. My son says there is a turbo set up in this car (as on the C hrysler LeBaron convertible he has. So i will forward your information on to him and maybe we will find luck finding the "fuel rail" of a FFV Dodge of that year. Thanks again Roland. Nominated you for Volunteer of the Month.   Rebeccatl

Answer
Hi Rebecca,
Given now that this engine also has a turbocharger I would believe that there may be few such engines in wrecking yards, but I am not clear as to whether the turbo injectors are identical to those on a non-turbo charged engine. My mention of the fuel rail as the part to seek at a wrecking yard was not posited on that turbo/no turbo question but rather that it may be easier to get the injector you need by seeking the fuel rail as whole (which has 4 injectors and would be possibly easier to remove that and then ask for just one of the injectors to be separated and sold). I would begin at a dealer ship to determine if the injectors are different for the turbo engine and the non-turbo engine. If so, then probably you will have to buy it new as finding a turbo ffv in a wrecking yard is doubtful. If they are the same, then find out the price and decide whether to try the wrecking yard approach or not.
Thanks for the rating and nomination.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston