Dodge Repair/' 98 ram 1500 won't start...white smoke

the other day we was going to the store and it was makeing a weired noise in the front left side of the truck and we went over the bridge and started to go up the hill and looked back and notice there was white smoke comeing out and then lost power and stalled and wouldnt start we know its not head gasket and its getting gas and spark but  it just spits and sputtters we checked out the timming and it was a tooth off so we replace the timeing chain with a tru roller and it still want start

Hi Austin,
How do you know is not a head gasket or some sort of an internal leak between the cooling system and a combustion chamber? White smoke coming from the exhaust pipe is a strong diagnostic signal of such a leak.
Other than that, a fault code readout would be helpful to diagnosing the no start. That might be found by turning the ignition key 'on-off-on-off-on and leave on' doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch to odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4 digit number preceded by a P. If not, then borrow a code reader that plugs in under the dash.
The other thing to look at would be the situation in the combustion chambers. Try removing the spark plugs and inspect them for water, then crank over the engine while  helpers looks at all the spark plug sockets to see if there is fluid being ejected from them when you first turn the key to 'start'.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).