Dodge Repair/Charging problem: '05 Neon

Question
My 2005 dodge neon sxt engine stalls after the neg battery cable is removed. I have replaced the altnator.

Answer
Hi Kevin,
It sounds like you believe the alternator is not charging because it will not run then engine on its own, with the battery disconnected. I am not sure that is correct unless the battery charge warning light is 'on' when you have the battery connected. Is that the case?
If so, then you need to check the alternator wiring:
The fat black wire goes thru a fusible link then is connected to the battery + post via a common connection at the starter motor to the fat fed wire that is attached to the  + post of the battery. So verify that connection is patent. If it is not patent then likely the fusible link is blown.
The dark green wire on pin 2 of its plug goes to pin 19 of the multi-pin plug at the powertrain control module which is black on the outside and orange on the inside.
The black wire on pin 1 goes to chassis ground (any where on the engine or chassis that is shiny metal.
After you verify these if you don't have charging occurring (the warning light is 'on') then I would get a fault code readout (perhaps for free at a nationwide auto parts store such as Autozone) of for maybe $40 at a shop, which might tell you what is wrong with the charging circuit. Let me know if you get a 4-digit fault code preceded by a P.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston