Dodge Repair/dodge grand caravan 2000 3.0 wont start

when I try to start the van it will roll over but wont start. I cracked open a fuel line to make sure the fuel pump,filter are ok.Its getting fuel, now I had to change out the ign coil twice,the bat is good as well the alt,and I checked the ASD reley and its good. I have no idea what to do next. Is there something that will make ign coils go bad?

Hi Jason,
Did you check for fault codes using the ignition key? It might work in an '00. Turn it "on-0ff-0n-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. If so let me know it.
As to what could damage an ignition coil, if one of secondary wires were shorted to ground that might overdraw the coil. So verify that all the spark wires show infinite resistance to ground.
Sorry for the delay in answering but I just found your question in the pool to which it had been referred by Kevin.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).