Dodge Repair/fuse #51 Ram '02

My truck is a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab with a 4.7 liter engine.  I just chased a short to the cluster and radio circuit and pulled the corresponding fuse, #51 in the fuse box.  It is the only one of it's type in the box as it is mounted in a  pinch-clip type holder.  It pulled up far enough to kill the circuit but it won't come out all the way, and it won't push back in either.  It is stuck in limbo!  Any suggestions?

Hi Charles,
That fuse #51 as shown in the '04 manual that I have is 20 amp and it sends power to the under hood lamp, then from a further splice it powers the instrument cluster, radio, and the diagnostic 'data link connector' plug-in socket. So it is directly connected to the battery and its purpose is to provide the lamp, and the present memory for cluster/radio and for the power to do a code readout.
You would want to preserve its function. It doesn't appear to be different than any other fuse, but in the '02 I suppose it could be, or if there were a prior owner he might have used the wrong style of fuse. If worse comes to worse I can tell you which plug and pin at the box that it sends out current, and you can jump to it to 'patch up' the problem if you can't remove it successfully.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).