Dodge Repair/Reconnecting the hood latch cable

Question
Hello, I recently had an accident in my 04 Durango. I have pretty much had to replace the whole front end. Well now im down to little things and a lot of it someone else disconnected. How do I reconnect the hood latch cable...I thought I knew how, but it just pulls and doesn't go back in, like it has no tension or something... The spring and everything looks good...Maybe im just not connecting it the right way...please help...Thank you.

Answer
Hi Rebecca,
I have the '04 Durango manual on a CD and can attach pages about that latch to an email I will send to you directly. Tell me your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at' or the address will be erased automatically.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to that also.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston