Dodge Repair/Removal/Extracting Trans-axle Housing Seal (left side) on '97 Dodge Stratus.

Question
Have been leaking fluid. Have Removed CV Axle, but having difficulties removing the seal. No room to use a screwdriver (az indicated in Manu)....have tried extraction tool with no results, yet.
How do I get this durned thing Out....without causing damage to area?

Thank you.....for your help/suggestions.

Answer
Hi David,
The factory service manual suggests for the manual transaxle using a "flat blade pry tool" and tap it with a small hammer. Have you tried a very narrow width putty knife or the corner edge of such a knife? Nothing is listed for the automatic but presumably the procedure is similar.
The install suggests using two Chrysler tools to install the new one: a C-6171 and C-4171 and tap into place. Miller Tool Co. the vendor of those tools.
Best of luck.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston