Dodge Repair/back seat won't go back down

2008 ram 1500 Q-cap The back seat I lifted up and can't get it to go back down. Thanks

Hi Patrick,
My closest manual is for '06 and in that one the rear seat is only shown as a conventional design with description of how to remove it. There is some info about a rear seat storage bin and cover, and also about removing the seat back from the seat. But nothing about a seat that 'lifts up'. I could look in an '07 manual on a DVD but I need to go to the library to use their computer which has Windows XP in order to access the website. What is the "Q-cap" and is it relevant to the back seat problem?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).