Dodge Repair/'02 durango 5.9L no start

hi Roland, me again. for some reason i couldnt get back to ask another question page.
In researching, ive discovered that dodge did away with the EGR valve sometime in the late 90s. so my durango 5.9 doesnt have one.
im at a aloss here, with christmas i can afford to go replaceing stuff till somethin works (my usual method).

Hi Tony,
As I replied earlier I don't have a manual for a 5.9L gas engine so am limited in suggesting where else to check. If this has a timing belt, rather than a chain, you might want to check the cam/crank timing marks. Also if you could borrow/buy a compression gauge check out the compression pressure on several of the cylinders. It appears that you have fuel and spark so if there is compression then if the timing were off or the compression were compromised that would possibly explain the no start. Other than that, my only experience like this was when a manifold absolute pressure sensor was inaccurate but not so much as to set a fault code. That was diagnosed with a diagnostic readout box which gave the readings of the various sensors and that one was reporting that the local pressure was saying it was at 10,000 feet when the car was at sea level! But that didn't cause a fault code. In that case while I had spark/fuel/compression the mixture was too lean to start the engine (as would a stuck ajar egr, which you don't have).
So those are my best ideas given my lack of a manual.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).