Dodge Repair/'02 Durango: missing when accelertating/stalling at stopping

Question
car putt putts when foot is on gas and stalls/cuts off when foot is on brake

Answer
Hi Robin,
Chances are the engine computer has recognized the problem and put a fault code in its memory. You might be able to get it by turning the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer to see the mileage reading replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know if that happens. Otherwise, I suspect a part called the exhaust gas recirculation valve (egr) has gotten gummed up and is not closing properly. Let me know which size engine (L) you have so I can check out where it is located.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston