Dodge Repair/'03 stratus se: radiator drain cock

I am replacing the timing belt and need to drain the radiator. Is there a special tool needed? I can't figure out how to do it?

Hi Teresa,
The '04 manual I have just shows the drain cock to have a tab which you turn by hand counter clockwise until it stops. Earlier models with the 2.5L engine have radiators where the drain has a hole into which you insert a 19 mm socket on an extension to reach the bolt that your turn counter clockwise to open. So if that is the way it appears, try that approach. The drain is on the right side at the lower corner of the radiator, back surface.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).