Dodge Repair/'12 Dodge 1500: wiper/dash lights electical problems?

Question
I have a dodge 1500 pickup 5.7liter hemi 2012. Yesterday and today the windshield wipers came on without me turning them on and I could not turn them off or control them in any way with the controller. At the same time I had no interior lights and all controls on the dash board would not work or light up. After I drove around for approx 10-15 min and turned the pickup off and restarted several times I heard a "ding" sound, everything lit up and the wipers  stopped. Any idea what is going on?

Answer
Hi Bruce,
I don't have a manual so new as for your truck. But my suspicion would be that it involves the body control module which deals with all those items. Perhaps there was some heavy rain recently which leaked through the lower edge of the windshield and fell onto one of the several multi-pin plugs of the bcm and caused a temporary short circuit which corrected itself as it dried out.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found your question in the "pool" to which it had been referred by Kevin, the other Dodge 'expert'.
Roland  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston