Dodge Repair/1999 ram 1500: rear door locks

Question
I just bought this 1999 ram 1500 4wd 4dr. I am unable to open either rear door. Tried both handles top clicks no movement.

Answer
Hi Barry,
There are two possible things to try.
First, when you unlock the vehicle with the door key, within 5 seconds again use the key to do a second unlocking action. That would do an electrical unlocking of the rear doors.
Second, there are push-button mechanical lock/unlocks inside the cabin. So try moving those to the alternate position from where they are now and open the doors by the handles.
If neither of those work, you will need to remove the door inner trim panel and try to release the lock mechanism inside the door. I have the '04 manual which shows how to remove that. If you need the pages tell me your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or it will be erased automatically.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston