Dodge Repair/blend door calibration on '00 Dodge Caravan

Question
Hi, read your answer in calibrating system. When I do diagnostic test, the wiper and intermittent blink together. I replaced real wiper motor thinking the bcm recognized the fault. I replaced blend motor acuator and have tried everything to get it to sync correctly. It will go through the different modes but in the end fail calibration test. Is the body control modulator the culprit? Needs to be flashed/reprogrammed? My blend door constantly cycles and I have to disconnect the control panel to stop it. I even replaced panel too (making sure I had correct one). My panel has single zone, a/c, and rear window defrost. Dealer says can reprogram but will not guarantee it will fix problem.

Answer
Hi Rod,
I have the '98 and '02 manuals but not the '00. What manual are you working from?
My '98 has more complexity in the interpretation of the LED light flashings and is quite complex and covers about 6 pages of diagnostics and testing. The '02 describes a test procedure which if it shows failure suggests that a diagnosis using a Chrysler diagnostic readout box III to get a fault code is the next step in the process. Let me know what you understand to be the next step in dealing with this situation in your '00. I will try to be of help using my two manuals and their wiring diagrams. The wiring diagrams for the doors is different comparing the '98 to the '02 manuals but I don't know which applies to the '00.
About the only thing I can suggest now is that you remove the blend actuator and use a tool shaped like on the actuator to move the door and feel for whether it is moving freely on not.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston