Dodge Repair/differential carrier bearing caps

I have replaced the pinion and carrier bearings on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd. I forgot to mark my carrier side bearing caps and not sure which way they go now. Are there any markings on on the housing that will match with the numbers on the caps for the right orientation?

Hi Gary,
I have the '04 manual which has a section for the 9, 10, 11  and 1/2 differentials. I am not familiar with the parts in question but there is a section on replacing the bearings which mentions marking the left and right bearing caps for re-installation but without any further reference.
You could try a dealer parts counter to see if they have either cap in stock and that way identify the left and right side caps, and if not, then order one or the other to get to see one.
If there is any specific other info you need let me know and I can copy the specific pages and attach them to an email I would send to you directly. If you tell me your email address don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or the address is erased. Also say which of the three units you have.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found your question in the "pool" to which it had been referred by Kevin.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).