Dodge Repair/LIFT GATE LATCH,2000 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN

Question
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF REPLACING DAMAGED LIFT GATE, I HAVE CHANGED THE WIRING HARNESS AND IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING THE LATCH ASSEMBLIES,  I HAVE REMOVED BOLTS ON LATCH ETC.,BUT HAVING TROUBLE REMOVING LATCH FROM BOTH THE DAMAGED LIFT GATE AND THE REPLACEMENT LIFT GATE,THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

Answer
Hi Ron,
After removing the interior trim panel, disconnect the link between the outside handle from the clip on the latch. It appears that the link is attached by a hook at its end to the lock cylinder and you separate it from the lock cylinder.  Remove wire connector from latch. Remove the 3 screws that hold the latch in place.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston