Dodge Repair/brake line: difficulty removing

QUESTION: Imtrouble removing the nut that is on the hard line that connects The Two to gether

ANSWER: Try putting some "penetrating oil" on the threads of the fitting and let is sit for about an hour (or overnight). Then try to remove it by gently loosening/tightening alternatively using tools that are a good fit to the nuts dimensions so you don't round off the faces.

QUESTION: Can you tell me what size is it

I only have an '89 LeBaron to compare to, so I would be guessing. I am virtually certain that the nut would be a metric size (mm.) so it is likely a 9, 10, 11, or 12 mm. So be sure to use metric open-end wrenches unless you can remove the connection at the far end of the brake line and then slip a box-end wrench over that to reach the fitting in question.

QUESTION: The nut on the hard line finally. C
Broke free now when i trun it to take it off the tje rubber hose it is flexing with the nut on any suggestions

You can put some penetrating oil where the nut and the end of the hose are in contact and let thea sit for a while. How about removing the nut on the other end of the hose and freeing that end? I suspect that you will want to replace the entire hose due to its age, though you didn't tell me what year the vehicle is. That rubber hose can look OK on the outside but have cracked rubber on the inside which then will cause the brakes to drag because the fluid doesn't flow back and forth freely inside the hose. So consider that alternative and simply remove nuts and both ends, remove the hose and throw it away after you buy a new hose to replace it with.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).