Dodge Repair/rough idle: '03 Durango 5.9

Question
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what is causing the rough idle on my 2003 durango 5.9. I've changed the usual stuff, the cap, rotor plugs and wires and recently I purchased a bluetooth ODB2 scanner to try and figure this out. What I've learned is that I have a bad leak detection pump and I'm not sure if this is an issue but when I'm idling I notice that timing advance is all over the place but as I rev the engine it steadies out around 40. Is this normal?

Answer
Hi Steve,
Does the OBD2 scanner give any fault codes? If so, what are they?
As to the timing question, I have not seen any specs for that with the powertrain control module sort of system where timing is not adjustable but rather is internally controlled and based upon the operating characteristics at the moment. So I can't say whether this is normal or not. The leak detection situation if corrected might resolve the problem.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston