Dodge Repair/'01 Durango: headlamps flash/horn sounds when starting

Question
QUESTION: When i crank it up dash lights head lights and security light and horns sounds off .turn head lights on lights quiet flashing and horn still sound off

ANSWER: What is the year model?

QUESTION: 2001 dodge Durango

Answer
Hi Donald,
Those sorts of behavior are similar to what happens when you attempt to open the vehicle which has a security system without first disarming it, or you try to start the engine in a vehicle that has a security system for the ignition switch (and the key should have a bulge in the handle that communicates with the security module to say your key is "OK"). Do you have such a security system and key? If so, then there is some sort of partial communication failure that is activating the alarms, but not preventing the engine from starting.
I would get a fault code readout using the data link connector socket under the dash to see if there is a fault code that tells us what is wrong. A nation-wide auto parts store, such as Autozone, will often do that for free, or an independent shop might charge you around $40. You could try turning the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a B or a P. But I suspect you will need to use the plug-in code reader to get a B code that speaks to this situation.
Let me know what you learn.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston