Dodge Repair/'03 grand caravan turn signal/park lamps

Hello, In my 03 Grand Caravan my passenger side turn signal and parking lamp will not work. My turn signal works when the lights are off but it blinks faster then the driver side. My parking lamp will not work. I suspect due to the problem with the turn signal seeing they are the same bulb. I replaced the bulb nothing. I have replace the actual socket that the bulb goes into nothing. Anything else you can think of checking?

Hi Murray,
The faulty bulb has the two filaments, one for the park and one for the turn. As you have tried replacing the bulb and the bulb socket, and since both filaments are abnormally working my thought is that the black/tan wire which carroes current from both of the filaments to ground is not well connected or open. The wire runs from the right side socket and goes under the radiator over to the left side of the body at the intersection between the front cross member and the left chassis rail member (near the lower left corner of the radiator). A similar black/brown wire from the left bulb goes to the same area where the two are spliced and from there a black/dark green wire carries the current to a nearby ground point on the chassis metal.
Because the left side is operating properly I would believe that that black/tan wire from the right bulb socket to the splice is open somewhere along that long path from socket over to the splice on the left side. So try and visually check out that wire. You could also try doing a jump wire from the black/tan wire (on pin 3 of the socket) where it attaches to the bulb socket to a nearby shiny metal chassis surface and if that corrects the problem then that would prove that the wire is 'open' and needs to be repaired.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).