Dodge Repair/Fuel pump replaced, gauge in accurate

Question
My sister drives and 2008 dodge ram 1500 4.7L. her FUEL pump went out so this guy she took it to too fix it put an universal pump on it ever since that the gas gauge does not read right or the screen say it had 68 miles left but the truck is empty. how can I fix it to read the same thanks

Answer
Hi Zee,
The pump is likely a pump module with a built-in float mechanism. That mechanism probably has a different internal resistance than the original pump. I would go back to the shop and ask them for the pump module's instruction sheet/help because the resistance may be adjustable to correct the reading of the pump gauge. If the resistance can be lowered then I believe the gauge will be adjusted to read correctly. Let me know what they show/tell her at the shop.
Please read the PS below and respond.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston