Dodge Repair/Fuel pump replaced, gauge in accurate

My sister drives and 2008 dodge ram 1500 4.7L. her FUEL pump went out so this guy she took it to too fix it put an universal pump on it ever since that the gas gauge does not read right or the screen say it had 68 miles left but the truck is empty. how can I fix it to read the same thanks

Hi Zee,
The pump is likely a pump module with a built-in float mechanism. That mechanism probably has a different internal resistance than the original pump. I would go back to the shop and ask them for the pump module's instruction sheet/help because the resistance may be adjustable to correct the reading of the pump gauge. If the resistance can be lowered then I believe the gauge will be adjusted to read correctly. Let me know what they show/tell her at the shop.
Please read the PS below and respond.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).