Dodge Repair/'03 minivan: speedometer needle wrong side of pin

I noticed this morn my speedometer needle seems to have went all the way around and is hitting the bottom out pin from the other side. it was working fine yesterday. please help. dodge grand caravan 2003 es 3.8L   automatic 4 speed. the rest of gauges are working. thank you!

Hi Erni,
There is a cluster calibration and self-diagnostic procedure which if you try that the position of the speedo needle should return to normal.
Begin by holding the trip odometer reset button down, wait a few seconds, then turn the ignition key counterclockwise from the "off" position to the "accessory" position and watch the process. Let me know if that doesn't work.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).