Dodge Repair/1997 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 Electrical Issue

Steven Threlkeld wrote at 2014-04-21 03:14:09
Alan, the main culprit I have had many times when the starter switch clicks or starter clicks and the engine wont turn over, is that the battery terminals are not tight enough. I have had people swear up and down they are tight enough and couldnt move them with their hands and I just barely tighten them and it cranks right up. This happens anytime battery has been disconnected or wires have been corroded or come loose. Thats the first thing I always go to. I always skip the more expensive and troublesome things and for me, it works every time.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).