Dodge Repair/transmission interchangeability

I need to find out if a 5.2l transmission will bolt up on a 5.9l.its a 2000 dodge durango & if not will a 2001 5.9 bolt in a 2000 5.9.

Hi Amy,
The best way to answer those questions would be to go to a Dodge dealer parts counter and see whether the specific 5.2L trans (you may need to year of the trans) was every sold with the 5.9L engine or not in that model year. Similarly check to see if the 2001 trans for the 5.9L engine has the same part number as the 2000 5.9L engine trans. The parts counter person should be able to check that out via the parts catalog. I have neither the parts catalogs nor the service manuals for the '00 or '01 model years, unfortunately.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).