Dodge Repair/'00 Dodge Intrepid power windows

Front windows are working fine, but both rear windows will not operate, any ideas on what to look for? Thank you.

Hi Dennis,
The current supply to operate the windows supplies the master switch which is supposed to operate all the windows. That switch also supplies power to the other three window switches. Have you tried operating the rear windows with their local switches? It they don't work the windows then either the there is a poor connection in the master switch or there is a 16-pin 'natural' color disconnect just in front of the left side front door opening (but behind the dash) which may have opened up. However if that were the case it would also impact power door locks and audio system to some extent. So I would start by checking the local rear switches and if those are also not working then I would remove the master window switch and spray some electrical oontact cleaner through an opening of the switch body while operating between the lock/unlock position of the push button.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).