Dodge Repair/'04 Durango: engine substitution

I have a blown engine and wondered if a engine from a 1999 Dodge van that has a 360 In it would fit my Durango my Durango is 4 wheel drive and the van is not

I do notice that the '04 Durango was sold with a 345 cu in (5.7l) engine. If that is the same block as the 360 it should fit in, but what modifications would be needed is unknown to me. There would no doubt be many questions about mating the engine to your transmission and of course you would need to also bring along the PCM for the 360 engine and how that would connect to the plugs for your blown engine would be uncertain. There would probably be a lot of other modifications necessary.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).