Dodge Repair/'04 Durango: engine substitution

Question
I have a blown engine and wondered if a engine from a 1999 Dodge van that has a 360 In it would fit my Durango my Durango is 4 wheel drive and the van is not

Answer
I do notice that the '04 Durango was sold with a 345 cu in (5.7l) engine. If that is the same block as the 360 it should fit in, but what modifications would be needed is unknown to me. There would no doubt be many questions about mating the engine to your transmission and of course you would need to also bring along the PCM for the 360 engine and how that would connect to the plugs for your blown engine would be uncertain. There would probably be a lot of other modifications necessary.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston