Dodge Repair/2001 Dodge Ram V8 Shuts Off

Hello Kevin,

My 2001 Dodge Ram starts up promptly but after a few minutes starts to sputter and shuts off while in idle and sometimes while driving down the road. I was looking over my hoses & thought maybe they were not connected on or cracked. When I disconnect the PC valve hose it idles fine and runs smoothly but has a loud hissing sound and when I replace it it goes back to idling rough & shuts off. I recently replaced the entire motor due to blown head gaskets. Does the timing need adjusting possibly ? This is a used motor ( 120,000 miles) and may have been sitting up for a while in a warehouse. Could this be the problem or What ? Thank you so much for your help

way to many variables with a used motor  was it inspected and intake gaskets checked before it was installed?  With out you having experience with this motor you don't know how it ran to start with. Not much I can do online because of the complex situation at hand sorry.

Dodge Repair

Free Dealer trained advice. Dealer trained 15 years Now owner of KEVIN'S MOBILE REPAIR in Atlanta GA I have a mobile Chrysler,Dodge and Jeep repair service in ATLANTA area Email me with Work requests Web page WWW.KEVINSMOBILEREPAIR.COM Master AC Master Drive ability Master Electrical Master Brakes Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep Tech for 14 Plus years Questions 96 and up only. Please don't ask about a noise,a fluid leak or how much something is to fix thanks.

15 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer 20 Years over all experience ACE cert Master AC Master Driveability Master Electrical

2 year associates degree for Chrysler CAP 15 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer