Dodge Repair/2001 Dodge Ram V8 Shuts Off

Question
Hello Kevin,

My 2001 Dodge Ram starts up promptly but after a few minutes starts to sputter and shuts off while in idle and sometimes while driving down the road. I was looking over my hoses & thought maybe they were not connected on or cracked. When I disconnect the PC valve hose it idles fine and runs smoothly but has a loud hissing sound and when I replace it it goes back to idling rough & shuts off. I recently replaced the entire motor due to blown head gaskets. Does the timing need adjusting possibly ? This is a used motor ( 120,000 miles) and may have been sitting up for a while in a warehouse. Could this be the problem or What ? Thank you so much for your help

Answer
way to many variables with a used motor  was it inspected and intake gaskets checked before it was installed?  With out you having experience with this motor you don't know how it ran to start with. Not much I can do online because of the complex situation at hand sorry.

Dodge Repair

Kevin