Dodge Repair/2004dodge ram 5.7 hemi 2 wheel drive

Question
the truck acts as if its not getting gas put new fuel pump in and it still will not idle i put 7 gallons of gas in . do i need to put more gas in with the new pump or is there a reset button somewhere

Answer
Hi David,
Try using the ignition key to get a fault code from the memory of the engine controller: turn the key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see the mileage be replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know what you learn.
I don't believe the fuel pump priming is the issue here.
Chances are it is something to do with the fuel/air mixture which has many possible causes and a fault code may point us in the right direction for what to do.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston