Dodge Repair/99 dodge durango: cause of tire blowout?

Question
In one month my front driver side tired has blown out also causing rim to crack what could cause this to happen.

Answer
Hi Ashley,
I suspect it was something on the road that caused the blowout or a defective tire. The other possibility is an over- or under-inflated tire pressure, but that is less likely. The rim probably cracked as the result of the tire blowing out. I doubt it has anything to do with the vehicle itself so I wouldn't spend any money trying to correct something.
However:
Check to make sure that the temperature (as you feel the tires themselves) of the two front wheels are similar, after you have driven for a few miles. If you find the driver side is hotter then the passenger side tire, then it is likely that you have a dragging brake on that wheel which is overheating the wheel and then the tire. Let me know if that is the case.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston